For fun this week, I tried my hand at an illustrated map of one of my favorite escapes--Sanibel Island in southwestern Florida. Included are some of my favorite spots and activities:
- ice cream at Pinnochios (I recommend Purple Cow)
- pina coladas (and alligator spotting) at the Casa Ybel resort
- taking advantage of the numerous bike paths, including one past the hidden cemetary off Middle Gulf Drive
- cheap beer and peel and eat shrimp at The Lazy Flamingo (try their garlic bread)
- a visit to Bowman's beach and Santiva
- kayaking in Ding Darling
- letting yourself get wrapped up in seashell enthusiasm!